Fresh Small Batch Popcorn Aurora – Kernel’s Gourmet Popcorn & More – Visit Us at 2555 West 75th Street, Suite 109 in Naperville – Call 630-717-2595

Welcome to Kernel’s! We specialize in gourmet Popcorn Aurora, classic, retro candies, nuts, gifts and more. Enjoy our famous popcorn by the batch in bags in decorative, collectible tins. We’ve got plenty of amazing flavors guaranteed to satisfy the popcorn fans in your family – caramel, kettle, fire, movie, cheesy or try a combo of your own creation.

You’re invited to visit our store and sample our gourmet Popcorn Aurora – there’s simply nothing like a hot, fresh bag to go. Popcorn tins also make an ideal gift – just give us a call to place an order at 630-717-2595 and we’ll have it prepared and shipped in no time!

Popcorn Aurora

Sample These Crunchy Facts About Popcorn Aurora!

*The world’s biggest popcorn ball measured 12 feet across and weighed more than two tons. The make the giant ball took one ton of corn, 40,000 pounds of sugar, 400 gallons of water and 280 gallons of corn syrup

*It takes about two tablespoons of unpopped kernels to make a quart of popcorn.

*A single cup contains about 1,600 popcorn kernels.

*Popped popcorn typically takes one of two different shapes: “snowflake” or “mushroom.” Since “snowflakes” are usually larger, movie theaters often sell that shape.

*In historical times, many people would pop their popcorn by heating up sand over a fire and stirring kernels into it.

*When adventurer Felix de Azara arrived in the South American nation of Paraguay in the 1700s, he observed that people there would put kernels on a tassel. When the kernels popped, women would decorate their hair with the popcorn.

*Roughly 70 percent of popcorn purchased in the USA is consumed at home. The other 30 percent is enjoyed in places like movie theaters and sports stadiums.